Tim Stamp is a Security Architect based in Brighton, UK.
Please get in touch to discuss Freelance, Contracting and Consulting opportunities.
Small businesses don’t need a full-time security person on their team – there’s simply not enough risk to justify hiring someone just for this purpose. Because of this, I’m offering businesses the opportunity to fulfil the vital role of “Security” that they don’t know they need, until it’s too late.
I’ve spent the last 10 years building secure systems, login portals, U2F/2FA/FIDO/OAuth/PKI integrations, session management, and fine-grained security models. Writing a secure login portal is harder than it looks.
Over the years I’ve provided many security functions:
- Authentication system architecture review, design
- Security awareness training and education for all staff
- Work with senior management to understand the threat landscape
- Conduct scenario-based risk/cost analysis and threat mitigation
- Carry out checks on local and cloud infrastructure and networks
- Evaluate physical and virtual access points
- Proof-read policies and procedures
- Review documentation for artefacts showing secure design
- Build microservices to fulfil internal security functions
- Investigate handling of, and access to, sensitive data
- Design and implement authentication architecture, including 2FA, OAuth, FIDO integration
- Audit system logs for unusual or suspicious activity
- Implement IDS and IPS solutions to protect internal systems
- Work closely with developers and engineers to ensure secure system implementation
- Recent experience with ISO 27001 guidance
- Guidance and application of secret transition and key rotation
- Source code analysis and review
One of my services is the design and construction of secure microservices and micro web-apps for internal and external use. I specialise in high-security low-footprint scalable microservices. I’m also experienced in modernising legacy systems, and building complex authentication/authorisation services.
I graduated with a BSc Hons in Secure and Forensic Computing in 2009. Since then, I’ve worked in several security and software engineering roles, and am now moving into consultancy and freelance work. Check out my LinkedIn profile for more work history.
External Links and Work
StampyCode Limited is registered in England and Wales #10581613.